The first day of dance can be super exciting. But it can also lead to a case of the nerves if you don't know what to expect. Here's the Top 5 ways to help you or your young dancer relax and enjoy dance from the very first lesson.
1. Arrive dressed to move. Follow the dress code for your class. Example: Wear street shoes and then change into ballet slippers in the studio. Wear clothes that let you move freely (leave belts and heavy clothes at home). Please mark your name on all items you bring to the studio.
2. Get to know your teacher right away. Introduce yourself so the teacher knows your name. Every child is unique and we want to learn who you are and something special about you.
3. Bring a water bottle (with a tight fitting lid and your name on it) to stay hydrated. Getting a quick drink keeps you in the room and avoids wasting time walking outside of class to get a drink. Having water on hand promotes physical well-being in active dance classes.
4. Questions are wonderful! Ask away if you do not understand or need more explanation. We love to help and you might just be helping someone else who has the same question who's too shy to ask.
5. Bring an open mind and get ready for fun! Dance is not strictly learning technique. It's self-expression through movement. We offer dance games for young dancers to enjoy. If you're an older dancer be prepared to learn and explore new movements to help your dance growth. Express yourself! Your dance class is a safe place to be creative. Come in ready for freedom to express yourself.
Dancing is our passion and we're excited to have the opportunity for you to share your child's love of dance with us! If you have a question, please let us know.